We understand the concerns people have about the chemicals used in their homes and places of work, as well as chemical emissions to the environment. The responsible production, use, and management of fluoropolymers are central to the Performance Fluoropolymer Partnership’s core principles and guide the actions of our member companies.
In support of our commitment to the responsible manufacturing, use and management of fluoropolymers, PFP members have developed and are implementing the following Stewardship Principles:
- Support the reduction of air and water process emissions of fluorinated organic chemicals, as appropriate, through concrete actions.
- Uphold successfully implemented commitments that led to a 2015 phase out of the use of PFOA and related long-chain polymerization aids.
- Commit to open and transparent dialogue with stakeholders to advance environmental stewardship and sustainability.
- Support increased investment in our communities through employment and training programs, environmental stewardship, safety programs, and the education of the next generation of scientists and engineers.
- Strive to be supply chain leaders in sharing best practices on sustainability, environmental stewardship and responsible manufacturing.
- Advance the understanding of the critical role that fluoropolymers play in enabling a wide range of products that benefit society.
- Support scientifically sound safety standards.
- Support use of these stewardship principles by other interested stakeholders.